- About Us
- Our School
- Our Community
- Support Us
Waldorf School of Princeton is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that hires qualified candidates and does not discriminate on the basis of color, national and ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. Job openings are posted throughout the year.
We offer a competitive salary, plus a health insurance plan and tuition remission for qualified employees.
The Waldorf School of Princeton is seeking a Business Administrator, to begin in time for the start of the 2017-18 academic year. The Waldorf School of Princeton is a vibrant, K-8 private school founded in 1983, which offers a full Waldorf curriculum including music, orchestra, gardening, eurythmy, handwork, and language arts. Our enrollment is about 160 students.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Business Administrator leads a team of administrative staff and works closely with the pedagogical leadership of the school.
The Business Administrator ensures the smooth every-day life of the school. Responsibilities include:
- Overall administrative management of the school, including business operations, budgeting, tuition assistance, personnel management, enrollment and development administration and overseeing the maintenance of the school facilities
- Supporting the implementation of the strategic vision and plan developed by the College of Teachers and the Board of Trustees
- Enabling effective communications with and interactions between the various constituencies of the school community including faculty, parents, and administrative staff
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a Waldorf school or similar environment, or a demonstrated commitment to Waldorf education. In addition, the successful candidate will be experienced in business operations and people management in an educational or not-for- profit enterprise. This individual will be able to link strategic plans with fiscal realities, and be able to help define and work within a budget while sharing our values of tolerance, inclusion, respect, compassion and positivity.
This is a full-time, year-round salaried position. Benefits include a competitive salary, tuition remission, and family health insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; graduate training is desired but not essential.
- At least three years’ experience in leadership, and managerial roles (preferably at a Waldorf school).
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships among coworkers, parents, students and members of the wider community.
- A demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills including the ability to organize, prioritize, delegate and coordinate work assignments.
We will be delighted to receive your Curriculum Vitae and a brief narrative statement outlining your motivation to apply for this position. You can reach us at email@example.com.
The Waldorf School of Princeton is interested in hiring a subsitute teacher for our Grade School (Grades 1-8). Familiarity with Waldorf education and teaching experience is required. The ideal candidate lives locally and is available to work on short notice. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Pedagogical Administrator Niko Hilgerdt.
2017 Summer Camp Staff
WSP currently invites applications for various staff positions for the 2017 summer camp season.. If you would like to be considered for any of the following opportunities, please fill out our Summer Camp Staff Application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Lead Teacher
Special Subject Teacher
Aftercare Lead Teacher
Counselor in Training (CIT)
“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” —Albert Einstein